Locality Team

The Cottenham and Swavesey Locality

We are one of the 14 multi-disciplinary Locality Teams with the County Council’s Office of Children and Young People’s Services. The locality covers the two secondary schools of Cottenham and Swavesey and all the primary schools in the villages including Papworth, Elsworth, Boxworth, Hilton, Fenstanton, Fen Drayton, Bar Hill, Swavesey, Over, Willingham, Longstanton, Rampton, Cottenham, Landbeach and Waterbeach.

What we aim to achieve

We provide joined-up, responsive services for children, young people and families living in our area.  We work in partnership with other localities, other children and young people services in the council and partners such as Social Care.  We strive to enable all children and young people to reach their full potential.

How do we do it?

Provide young people with information and advice on education, employment and training. We aim to help young people remove the barriers to achieving their personal goals. We also co-ordinate a variety of youth club style activities across the locality.

Identify needs at the earliest opportunity through more integrated, co ordinated responses.

Provide advice and support to families who need additional help with parenting via our Family Workers.

Support schools by working with students who have behavioural problems

Make sure children attend school regularly and punctually and other Education Welfare functions

Provide specialist support for young people needing help in the transition to adulthood

Bring the work of other agencies working in the locality together so that resources can be focused on locally agreed priorities and actions.

Co-ordinate a variety of youth club style activities across the locality.

Office Address:

Cottenham and Swavesey Locality Office

Swavesey Village College

Gibraltar Lane



CB24 4RS

Tel no: 01954 284698

Who’s In The Team?

The team is made up from professionals from a variety of different backgrounds and includes Young People’s workers and Youth Workers, In School Support Teacher and Instructor, Family Workers, Education Welfare Officer, Information Adviser and Guidance Advisers.

What can you do if you need assistance?

If you need assistance, you can contact your student support assistant who will put you in touch with us or you can come to the office situated in the Swavesey Village College.