Our Curriculum, Homework, and Reports
The school has developed the systems and capacity to ensure that ‘Every child is supported and achieves’. The key elements here are :
- A dynamic curriculum that provides academic and vocational courses to meet the needs of every student;
- High quality teaching and support through our House/Curriculum team structures;
- Personal support for every student by their tutor;
- Effective monitoring of student performance against challenging individual targets;
- Robust support systems and flexible and effective intervention programmes.
The breadth of provision recognises the diversity of intake within a comprehensive school providing:
- Accelerated and gifted and talented programmes starting in year 7;
- Identification of all students' potential and the setting of stretching and achievable targets in all subjects to ensure they are consistently challenged at the right pace;
- A two year GCSE / vocational programme in years 10 - 11 providing high quality vocational courses with strong links to other schools, colleges and businesses;
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities to both support and extend the core provision;
- Alternative programmes including after-school school and Young Apprenticeships;
- Leadership opportunities within the House teams and representing the school.
See further details of which GCSEs we run this year in the Options Booklet attached below.
The School Information Booklet attached gives you further details of the content of each subject's curriculum, and is issued with our Prospectus.