Developing Middle Leaders Programme
Why study this programme?
This course provides a development programme for middle leaders and caters for individuals who are typically in their first year of teaching or aspiring to middle leadership. The course supports development of a range of generic management and leadership skills needed in order to be successful in the transition to management. It is suitable for participants across phases and from any role within a school where they are responsible for leading and managing a team. The course is led by current senior and middle leaders with a proven track record of success at this level of leadership.
- Understanding the differnce between management and leadership
- What type of leader am I?
- Effective teams and how to build them
- Managing your time through delegation
- Effective use of your team through delegation
- Managing resources and budgets
- Active listening
- Difficult conversations
- Giving feedback
- Running a successful meeting
- Understanding the school development planning process
- Identifying and prioritising areas for change
- Leading change
- Evaluating impact
Dates & Venue
The Autumn Term programme will be delivered by the Cambridge Teaching School Network at Comberton Village College CB23 7DU
Autumn 2015 Comberton Village College dates:
|Session 1||Thursday||15 Oct 2015||4.00pm-5.30pm|
|Session 2||Thursday||05 Nov 2015||4.00pm-5.30pm|
|Session 3||Thursday||19 Nov 2015||4.00pm-5.30pm|
|Session 4||Tuesday||03 Dec 2015||4.00pm-5.30pm|